This is a collection of area races that our members often participate in. Of course members are welcome to do any race they choose, or no race at all. Please make note of registration dates for your chosen race(s) — ARRC does not include race membership; you must research, select and register for any event you would like to participate in:
ARRC is looking for leaders to volunteer to be a mentor/pace leader!
Mentors should have a positive attitude and set an example for members by following the ARRC “Rules”. ARRC will cover your membership fee and any costs associated with Red Cross First Aid and CPR training. In return we ask that you maintain the following responsibilities:
- Run/walk at various paces periodically to meet all members of your group
- Participate and lead group in warm-ups before run/walk
- Be available and willing to answer questions from members
- Carry a cell phone on group runs in case of emergency
- Attend periodic mentor meetings (generally 10-15 minutes prior to group runs)
- Submit bio and photo for posting on website
- Join the ARRC-Mentors Yahoo group for special communication needs
Disclaimer: Unless noted otherwise and/or mentor is a certified coach, please acknowledge that mentors are not certified and any advice, especially medical or nutrition related, are simply the opinions of the mentor and absolutely does not eliminate the need to follow up with a doctor or other medical expert, especially in the case of injuries!